It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM   #641
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

The worry is that our bad run has been against teams we should be expecting to beat. Means we have to beat the teams we could normally cope with getting a draw. Draws are no good now, we need a run of wins.

Tomorrow’s game I’m is one where we absolutely must get three points. Huge.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM   #642
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Yeah, I think barring a win tomorrow, it's gone.

Probably the mantra for the team should be to get their shit together first and foremost and forget about the league. It's a weird situation but then, it's a very very weird world we're living in at the moment.
Yeah, I donít think they should be bothering about worrying about getting into the title race.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM   #643
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Unfortunately we have put ourselves in a position where we cannot drop points. I still can't believe it to be honest and I can still us dropping more points in the next 5 or 6 games. We've really fucked ourselves.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM   #644
BG1973
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Unfortunately we have put ourselves in a position where we cannot drop points. I still can't believe it to be honest and I can still us dropping more points in the next 5 or 6 games. We've really fucked ourselves.
To be fair those 2 pricks over the road had a little bit to do with it..
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #645
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1973 View Post
To be fair those 2 pricks over the road had a little bit to do with it..
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM   #646
Barnie7
Houllier

If we play like we have been, I would be surprised if we win more than 3 games before the end of feb
Barnie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #647
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Jaysus I had a look at the table for the first time in ages and itís depressing. I know there is loads of time left but we need to get our shit together to secure top 4. Itís an obvious thing to say but the next few weeks will define our season.

Spurs, The Ev, Leicester and City in the league + RBL in the CL - play like we have done recently and we have nothing to play for other than trying to get top 4. Alarming given I thought weíd walk the league again. Someone needs to end Pickford in the Ev game

Made the mistake of looking at it after your post.

Spurs a point behind us but they have a game in hand, so beating them tomorrow is a must to take away any potential advantage from their game in hand.

Everton two points behind us but they have two games in hand over us.

Villa five points behind us but again have two games in hand over us.

Only positive is that the run of games we have coming up contains teams that if we beat we will gain ground on them. Losing to them does not bear thinking about.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #648
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:

I donít think itís self inflicted. Not going into that discussion again but I would never go as far as saying it was on us. Weíve been hit by hard luck and a loss of form at a vital time. Nothing could have foreseen it really and even for a time after those injuries at centre back, we were coasting into games and winning them.
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM   #649
Rafa Justice
Benitez

City will walk the league. Top today, best defence, one goal off top scorers, 9 straight wins in all comps. Coping well with absence of KDB and Aguero.

No catching them imo.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #650
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
I don’t think it’s self inflicted. Not going into that discussion again but I would never go as far as saying it was on us. We’ve been hit by hard luck and a loss of form at a vital time. Nothing could have foreseen it really and even for a time after those injuries at centre back, we were coasting into games and winning them.
We are the premier league champions and recent champs league winners, record breakers etc. It is absolutely on us, losing a game against shit opponents now and again does happen, concentration levels drop and sometimes you get one of those games kind thing but dropping points to Fulham, Brom, Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley in near back to back games is pretty much self inflicted. We were lazy, slow and predictable. VVD may have been missing but there is still world class players all over our first 11 and they have failed to life up to the bill for the most part this season.

Absolutely we have have bad luck but not enough bad luck to drop so many points to that shite. Decision making has been imo one of the biggest issues this season, poor decision making is nobody else's fault unfortunately. I'm going to say Klopp has touched on this a few times this season.
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #651
Fredo

Quote:
We are the premier league champions and recent champs league winners, record breakers etc. It is absolutely on us, losing a game against shit opponents now and again does happen, concentration levels drop and sometimes you get one of those games kind thing but dropping points to Fulham, Brom, Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley in near back to back games is pretty much self inflicted. We were lazy, slow and predictable. VVD may have been missing but there is still world class players all over our first 11 and they have failed to life up to the bill for the most part this season.

Absolutely we have have bad luck but not enough bad luck to drop so many points to that shite. Decision making has been imo one of the biggest issues this season, poor decision making is nobody else's fault unfortunately

Lazy and slow? Really?

Being premier league champions doesnít guarantee you success the subsequent year. Losing our centre halves have affected our game more than what youíd think. Our ability to build from the back and take risks in attack are the things which has affected the way we play I think.

Itís not on us. It happens. It may be weird and difficult to comprehend but other teams are improving as well, not just us. Weíve been consistently good for 3 years almost. And during those 3 years I canít recall a lot of games where weíve been coasting, like City for example. It was a hard earned league win, despite the points difference. Thatís how I felt it anyway.
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #652
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

I certainly don't believe we've been lazy. The players are really trying, just looks like the tank is empty for too many of them - that plus our crazy injuries have totally fucked us.

If, if we can bring in a CB in the next few days, we've got a chance of picking up enough points to turn the season around - not champions in all probability but enough for us to climb back into a comfortable CL place.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #653
Fredo

I'm starting to accept that it's not going to be our year. If we pick up results, then great, but as from now on, I've got to accept that United can win it for instance. The quicker I do this, the better for my sanity. Too many things going on at the moment to let football affect me. We've won the league and the CL, I'm grateful for this. We've got no right whatsoever to expect we'll be winning it this year or the other year. I trust the club to try its best, that's it. It's hard but football is not the most important thing at the moment.
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #654
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Not many teams successfully win back to back titles, especially not after the first for 30 years. It feels a bit doom and gloom - but we can’t win it every year. It will be frustrating, but I still feel this squad has a lot of credit in the bank. And. If we don’t win this season we will be back next. Look at City, they regrouped and are back on it. That can be us.

If there is an ‘opposition fans forum’ on the likes of Blue Moon and Red Cafe they must be loving the levels of doom and despair they see from us. It’s a bad run, definitely, but going over board and predicting the end of this squad as a force is going way too far. It’s the first damaging run of results in basically 2 and a bit years.

We are also a reasonable shout for the CL this season, especially with a lot of injured players returning (Jota).

Obviously I acknowledge all the predictable responses of strengthening the defence etc etc and is having been in a strong position. But the pandemic has definitely changed the dynamic.

I’m not on #teamblindoptimism or #teamdoomandgloom I’m #teamreality.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #655
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I have, for a couple of weeks, worried that we are in free fall. Not a blip, but a collapse, the likes of which hasn't been seem from champions before, and one that will see Klopp, and possibly some key players leave in the summer. As is obvious, I am a pessimist and it would be irrational to think it will happen, but I do actually believe that it might. At least it leaves the option of being pleasantly surprised.
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #656
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I have, for a couple of weeks, worried that we are in free fall. Not a blip, but a collapse, the likes of which hasn't been seem from champions before, and one that will see Klopp, and possibly some key players leave in the summer. As is obvious, I am a pessimist and it would be irrational to think it will happen, but I do actually believe that it might. At least it leaves the option of being pleasantly surprised.

Presumably in this dystopia Virgil announces his retirement...?
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #657
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Not many teams successfully win back to back titles, especially not after the first for 30 years. It feels a bit doom and gloom - but we can’t win it every year. It will be frustrating, but I still feel this squad has a lot of credit in the bank. And. If we don’t win this season we will be back next. Look at City, they regrouped and are back on it. That can be us.

If there is an ‘opposition fans forum’ on the likes of Blue Moon and Red Cafe they must be loving the levels of doom and despair they see from us. It’s a bad run, definitely, but going over board and predicting the end of this squad as a force is going way too far. It’s the first damaging run of results in basically 2 and a bit years.

We are also a reasonable shout for the CL this season, especially with a lot of injured players returning (Jota).

Obviously I acknowledge all the predictable responses of strengthening the defence etc etc and is having been in a strong position. But the pandemic has definitely changed the dynamic.

I’m not on #teamblindoptimism or #teamdoomandgloom I’m #teamreality.
I'm kind of between being where you are in your post and being of the thinking the race is not yet run for us yet this season.

Quote:

Interesting pov, and unfortunately it reminded me that the sort of collapse you allude to has actually happened in the top flight in England

Had to check their finishing positions before replying to you, but they won the title in 1992 and finished 17th the very next season. They only lost one game at home the season they finished 17th but their away form fell off a cliff.

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; Yesterday at 01:57 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #658
Tribute
Shankly

...for all the injuries, formation changes, players in/out of positon, in/out of form...at the end of the day... all of it frustrating ... BUT isn't it purely down to the fact we've scored 3 goals from 100+ attempts?? Even with a nominal conversion rate (of a mid-table side - a goal every 10-15 shots) we'd have won a number of those draws under normal circumstances.... even with VAR still fucking things up constantly, shite refereeing and teams putting eleven behind the ball.

In spite of everything, we've created chances... we just haven't finished them off.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #659
S-RED
Dalglish

you are talking Leeds? if so not sure we have installed fish tanks at the new complex, so thats a positive
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #660
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
I'm kind of between being where you are in your post and being of the thinking the race is not yet run for us yet this season.

Interesting pov, and unfortunately it reminded me that the sort of collapse you allude to has actually happened in the top flight in England

Had to check their finishing positions before replying to you, but they won the title in 1992 and finished 17th the very next season. They only lost one game at home the season they finished 17th but their away form fell off a cliff.
Not just Leeds either. Much more recently, Chelsea finished 10th in their title defence in 2015/16.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #661
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
We need optimists to life the pessimists and pessimists to temper the optimism of the optimists.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #662
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
...for all the injuries, formation changes, players in/out of positon, in/out of form...at the end of the day... all of it frustrating ... BUT isn't it purely down to the fact we've scored 3 goals from 100+ attempts?? Even with a nominal conversion rate (of a mid-table side - a goal every 10-15 shots) we'd have won a number of those draws under normal circumstances.... even with VAR still fucking things up constantly, shite refereeing and teams putting eleven behind the ball.

In spite of everything, we've created chances... we just haven't finished them off.
Scoring a few goals is going to help us massively!!!

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM   #663
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Presumably in this dystopia Virgil announces his retirement...?
nah, just a limp like Kevin Spacey in the usual suspects. Plays through it, but ends up as slow as Williams.

Last edited by Kenneth; Yesterday at 02:54 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #664
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Not just Leeds either. Much more recently, Chelsea finished 10th in their title defence in 2015/16.

Totally forgot about them, then again they are Chelsea so easy to forget them
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #665
BG1973
Fagan

Quote:
nah, just a limp like Kevin Spacey in the usual suspects. Plays through it, but ends up as slow as Williams.
Ha.

At least united have some competition, things were even worse a few days ago.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #666
red g
Paisley

Reality check this season, its been a few seasons looking at results down to 10th, hoping they go our way for our top 4 fight

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC