It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 09-07-19, 10:30 PM   #2801
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Xabi

Good quote that. Shows impressive insight and self awareness. You just know he's got tactical awareness. If he can prove himself to be good at the motivation and man management side of things, he could be ace.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 10:57 AM   #2802
red g
Paisley

Peter Crouch has retired.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 11:08 AM   #2803
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Crouchie

Old 12-07-19, 11:08 AM   #2804
Fuzzy
Fagan

Icon
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 06:00 PM   #2805
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

He’s a credit to himself. Turning out as such a decent bloke in an industry full of wankers. I was gutted when we signed him but he ended up being decent, proving the doubters wrong his entire career.

Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 06:16 PM   #2806
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Del

Last edited by Norbs; 12-07-19 at 06:21 PM.
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 09:29 PM   #2807
Daniel 7
Heretic

Wish we'd kept a hold of Crouch for a few years more - I understand he thought he wasn't going to get in ahead of Torres, but there were squad games available. Look how much we wasted on Keane and relied on David Ngog. He / Liverpool could have won a league title in 08/09 if he'd stayed
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 09:58 PM   #2808
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
What happens to referees after they retire?

I know one or two of the high profile ones have got media gigs in recent years but most must have to retire in early forties at the latest and earn a fraction of what players earn so what on earth can you do to earn a living after being a referee for years?
Most have other careers. Howard Webb was on a sabbatical from South Yorkshire Police and going further back David Ellery was a school teacher at Harrow. Sure plenty of others will have side interests.
Old 12-07-19, 11:05 PM   #2809
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post
Wish we'd kept a hold of Crouch for a few years more - I understand he thought he wasn't going to get in ahead of Torres, but there were squad games available. Look how much we wasted on Keane and relied on David Ngog. He / Liverpool could have won a league title in 08/09 if he'd stayed
And he was a lot better than Voronin
Old 12-07-19, 11:12 PM   #2810
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
He’s a credit to himself. Turning out as such a decent bloke in an industry full of wankers. I was gutted when we signed him but he ended up being decent, proving the doubters wrong his entire career.

I might be remembering this completely wrongly, but I recall the summer he signed we were chasing Luis Figo - I was in France picking up newspapers trying to see if we'd signed Figo. Then I saw pictures of this massive fella walking in to Anfield shaking people's hands, I was disgusted

I loved him in the end, those goals against Wigan (even if the first one wasn't really his) when he finally scored - I defy anyone to say they didn't take to him after that!
Old 12-07-19, 11:15 PM   #2811
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Let's not get giddy
Old 13-07-19, 12:34 AM   #2812
Patricks_Berger
Benitez

Quote:
Agree 100%
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 12:37 AM   #2813
Patricks_Berger
Benitez

Quote:
I might be remembering this completely wrongly, but I recall the summer he signed we were chasing Luis Figo - I was in France picking up newspapers trying to see if we'd signed Figo. Then I saw pictures of this massive fella walking in to Anfield shaking people's hands, I was disgusted

I loved him in the end, those goals against Wigan (even if the first one wasn't really his) when he finally scored - I defy anyone to say they didn't take to him after that!
If you’ve ever heard him talk about that time - he has the most lovely take on it. Says how the Liverpool support never gave up on him and backed him all the way cos we could see he was putting it in for us - how that kept him going.

Top pro, top bloke. Compare & contrast with a Paul Pogba.
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 06:55 AM   #2814
Harv
Randy Marsh

Yep he was a legend. Never understood why we let him go. Seemed daft at the time and still does now.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 07:22 PM   #2815
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Let's not get giddy
Old 13-07-19, 09:23 PM   #2816
fah-q
Touching cloth

Quote:
Let's not get giddy
Quote:
Let's not get giddy
Looks like you’re already giddy dude
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 11:23 AM   #2817
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

Probably the best football quote ever:

Interviewer : So Peter, what would you be if you hadn't become a professional football player?

Crouchie : Err, a virgin?

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC