It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 08-06-21, 11:33 AM   #1281
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
150k a week and some sort of signing fee I'd imagine. Not a bad way to see out your last few years of employment.
Exactly, I like my employer but not loyal to him so if someone comes along & offers to double my salary to do the same job, I'll be "see ya later, mate" to my boss!...no brainer & think that would apply to most of us on here!
Old 08-06-21, 03:30 PM   #1282
kemm1
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Wasn't a footballing decision then after all
Nothing wrong with that and his priorities are his own. Let that man go out and maximize his earning potential if we wants to.

Well done, congrats Gini and all the best!
kemm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 03:33 PM   #1283
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemm1 View Post
Nothing wrong with that and his priorities are his own. Let that man go out and maximize his earning potential if we wants to.

Well done, congrats Gini and all the best!
Old 09-06-21, 03:18 PM   #1284
Irishnev
Shankly

I wish Gini would stop alluding to some sinister goings on......

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 03:53 PM   #1285
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post

https://twitter.com/lfctransferroom/...25756275019788
Aye, that what's agents are for...shoulda got better agent then, Gini!
Old 10-06-21, 02:36 PM   #1286
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 03:12 PM   #1287
Charly
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post

https://twitter.com/lfctransferroom/...25756275019788
I hate that too. If he has a complaint to make, he should just come out with it. That way the club can repsond with their side.

To be honest, kinds makes me think he is an arsehole, because that is what arseholes do when they have lost the moral high ground.

I mean, what exactly could it be? We are trying to sign another midfielder? That is what football clubs do. Or perhaps he had to give Big Virg an oily rubdown post match. Shit, I'd do that for free.

And of course if something shitty really was happening, what is to stop it happening again to the next guy?

I would have utmost respect if he just said he fancied a change. He has given us fantastic memories and will go down in history as part of a ledgendary team. Nobody will begrudge him a move. Just be honest and respectful.
Old 10-06-21, 03:49 PM   #1288
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
I hate that too. If he has a complaint to make, he should just come out with it. That way the club can repsond with their side.

To be honest, kinds makes me think he is an arsehole, because that is what arseholes do when they have lost the moral high ground.

I mean, what exactly could it be? We are trying to sign another midfielder? That is what football clubs do. Or perhaps he had to give Big Virg an oily rubdown post match. Shit, I'd do that for free.

And of course if something shitty really was happening, what is to stop it happening again to the next guy?

I would have utmost respect if he just said he fancied a change. He has given us fantastic memories and will go down in history as part of a ledgendary team. Nobody will begrudge him a move. Just be honest and respectful.
To be honest, my guess is he was told he would be used in a more limited fashion going forwards, with the emergence of Jones and maybe Elliott meaning his playing time would be limited (barring another round of injuries) with Fab, Thiago and Henderson as the main trio, and the others rotated in and out when r+r is required. Probably not what he wanted to hear given the key role he has played until now.
Old 10-06-21, 04:20 PM   #1289
Corndog
Fagan

Nah, I think the club maybe didn't want to give him 3 years.

This insane team that won the CL and league will need to be refreshed in the next two years as the prime players get to 30 and beyond.

That's a really tricky thing to do. Very few managers can refresh a squad gradually and maintain the performance levels.

Lw just tried it with Germany and it didn't go well. The reason he decided not to pick Hummel's, Boateng and Mueller was not because they stopped being some of Germany's best footballers, it was to gradually give the generations below more first team experience so that when that core group of veterans retire, they won't be left with a group who lack national team experience.

There are obviously differences between club and country set ups but maybe not wanting to tie him down for 3 years was to give Jones the space to development. Or maybe they just did an economic analysis and felt it didn't make sense.

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC